Sealing your membership by becoming a Brotherhood member is a great way to show your commitment and further your experiences with the Lodge. Moving on to Brotherhood membership offers an opportunity to reaffirm one's belief in the high purposes of the Order. Each Brotherhood member commits to even more service to Scouting through the Order.
An Arrowman is eligible for Brotherhood after 10 months of service as an Ordeal member and fulfilling certain requirements. The Order of the Arrow's Jumpstart program is a great way for Arrow men to view and study these requirements, and learn more about the Order. http://jumpstart.oa-bsa.org/
- Memorize the signs of Arrow membership. Memorize the Obligation of the Order, which you received from Allowat Sakima (printed on the back of your membership card and in your handbook). Also memorize the Order of the Arrow Official Song, the Admonition, the sign of Ordeal membership, and the Arrow handclasp.
- Advance in your understanding of the Ordeal. Gain a thorough understanding of the Ordeal through which you have passed.
- Serve your unit. Retain your registration in Scouting. During a period of at least 10 months, strive to fulfill your Obligation by continuing and expanding your service to your own troop or team.
- Plan for service in your Lodge. Retain your registration in your Order of the Arrow Lodge and keep your dues paid. Be aware that acceptance of Brotherhood membership involves a pledge of service to the lodge. Develop a concrete idea of how you plan to fulfill this pledge.
- Review your progress. When you earnestly feel that you have met the four challenges above, write a letter to your lodge secretary. In this letter:
- Explain what you think the Obligation means
- Describe how you have been fulfilling this obligation in your troop or team and in your daily life, and how you have used your understanding of the Ordeal to aid in this service.
- Describe your specific plans for giving service in the lodge program.
- Include with this letter your advance registration application and fees for the next Brotherhood ceremony according to the instructions given by the lodge.