As the Boy Scout motto says “Be Prepared”. Here you will find basic information about fees, refunds, pre-camp orientation meetings for leaders, and how to make reservations.
The 2017 schedule for Camp Wanocksett is as follows:
|Week 1||July 2 - July 8|
|Week 2||July 9 – July 15|
|Week 3||July 16 – July 22|
|Week 4||July 23 – July 29|
|Week 5||July 30 – August 5|
|Week 6||August 6 – August 12|
|Week 7||August 13 – August 19|
Summer Camp Fees
|May 1, 2017 or before||After May 1, 2017|
|Camper Attending with Troop or Provisional||$385||$410|
Scouts who join the troop after the early bird deadline (Webelos, etc) will only be charged the early bird fee.
Provisional Troop is for Scouts not attending when their home troop attends, or attending additional week(s) before or after their home troop attends camp. The camp staff provides qualified adult leadership for the Provisional Troop. A Scout who has already paid to attend camp during weeks 2-7 will be given the encore rate for Provisional during week 1.
Encore campers are those who have attended camp for one week and want to return for additional week(s) of camp.
Adult Leader Fees
Two adult leaders are required to be in camp at all times with every unit; two adult leaders therefore may attend Camp Wanocksett for free. Additional free adults are offered to units based upon the number of youth in camp. Other additional adults may spend the week in camp at a significant discount.
Additional full week adults may be added for $75 each.
À La Carte Meal Fees
À la carte meals are available for purchase by partial week adults, visitors, and guests for $5.00 each
The following policy applies to all summer camp programs at Camp Wanocksett:
Campsite deposits are non-refundable, but may be either applied to the balance of camp fees due, or rolled over to the following year.
- $50 of all individual summer camp fees is non-refundable.
- Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the Council Service Center
- Requests must include the Scout’s name, unit, the camp session, and an explanation for his absence.
- Requests for refunds must be received by August 31. Requests received after August 31 will not be granted.
- Refunds will be granted for illness or injury (a doctor’s certification may be requested), or a death in the immediate family. Other emergency situations may be considered at the discretion of the Scout Executive.
- A Scout who becomes ill or injured during camp may receive a prorated refund as determined by the Scout Executive.
- Refunds will not be granted for scheduling conflicts, no-shows, weather, or behavioral issues.
- Refunds will not be granted to Scouts who leave camp by their own choice, or are asked to leave camp because of behavioral issues.
- Summer camp registrations may be transferred to an alternate session, if space permits, without penalty.
- Refunds will be made to the unit or individual who made the original payment.