When: April 21, 2017 6:00 PM - April 22, 2017, 6:00 PM
Where: Camp Split Rock
Cost: $25 / person
The Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills is a two day course that prepares you to teach your Scouts the outdoor skills needed for the Arrow of Light, Tenderfoot, Second Class and First Class ranks. It's an enjoyable weekend with knowledgeable Scouters, with lots of hands-on instruction and practice in campsite selection and Leave No Trace, woods tools and fire building, cooking and sanitation, hiking, first aid, and planning outdoor programs.
Brush up on your own outdoor skills and learn how to effectively share these skills with your Scouts. The course starts at 6:00 PM on Friday and ends at 6:00 PM on Saturday. The $25 fee covers meals and supplies. Preregistration is required.
What To Bring
Overnight gear, outdoor essentials and appropriate clothing are the heart of camping equipment. Carry a light load of only what you need to keep yourself safe and make a good camp; leave all unnecessary items at home.
Remember that New England weather is unpredictable with radical fluctuations in temperature and precipitation. Much of the course will be conducted outside. Keep this in mind and check the weather forecast as your prepare for this weekend.
PERSONAL OVERNIGHT CAMPING GEAR
- Backpack / Duffle Bag
- Clothing for the season – 2 sets (Saturday and Sunday)
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves
- Sturdy, warm footwear appropriate for walking around outside & hiking
- Rain gear
- Boy Scout Handbook or Webelos Handbook
- Water Bottle(s) (filled)
- Matches, lighter, or other fire starter
- Sun protection
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad or air mattress
- Ground cloth or small tarp
- Eating kit – Spoon, Plate, Bowl, Cup
- Cleanup Kit – Soap, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, etc.
- Notebook & pencil or pen